Hi all! I’m back from my wonderful holiday to the United States, and I must say, I loved the place. Over the next few weeks I’ll be sorting out all my purchases from Sephora and Walgreens and photographing them for this blog, so stay tuned.
In the mean time, here are some initial observations (beauty-wise) after being in the States:
- DuWop Blushbooster in Pomegranate is a dupe for Stereo Rose.
- After seeing the Temptu airbrush system in use, I think it looks hard to control and produces a very cakey finish on the skin.
- I love that after the purchase of makeup at Neiman Marcus I was given free samples of lipgloss and full-sized bottles of water. Now that’s shopping.
- I looked everywhere for the NARS eyeshadow primer, and when I found it, the girl at Sephora talked me out of it, saying that she had “very few good things to say about it”.
- The Lorac eye primer is very sticky and feels like it would crease.
- Le Metier de Beaute eyeshadows are stunning.
- I had to go to three Sephoras to find the Urban Decay Naked Palette
- After speaking to the sales assistants at three different Chanel counters througout the US, the general consensus seems to be that Bronze Universelle is not being discontinued after all. Happy days!
- Lorac shadows impress me greatly, but I’m glad I didn’t buy their “Private Affair” palette after Temptalia’s review.
- I went to Walgreens to pick up hairspray and left with $90 worth of stuff.
- I love Seven for All Mankind jeans. They really are worth the investment. I think it’s ironic that they give you chocolate after the transaction though.